- 8:00 AM -- Holy Eucharist Rite I (Nursery available)
- Traditional language; little to no music; nursery available; a quiet, solemn service which lasts about an hour
- 9:00 AM -- Sunday School (on summer sabbatical from May 20 through Sept. 9)
- Formation opportunities for all ages. Various Bible studies and other classes are offered throughout the year.
- 10:30 AM -- Holy Eucharist Rite II (with nursery and Children's Chapel)
- Modern language; full choir with diverse music including our historic organ; nursery available; Children third grade and below can go to Children’s Chapel during the sermon and prayers for their own worship and return in time for Communion. Once a month, the children remain in worship for a children’s sermon with the entire congregation. length about an hour and fifteen minutes.
- 5:00 PM -- Holy Eucharist with Healing (on summer sabbatical from May 20 through Sept. 9)
- Modern language; contemplative music with piano and guitar; congregation is the choir; healing prayers offered; no nursery during this service; has relaxed, family feel; length less than an hour.
- 8:00 AM -- Morning Devotions on Facebook Live (www.facebook.com/stmaryscypress)
- 8:00 PM -- Compline on Facebook Live (www.facebook.com/stmaryscypress)
- 9:00 AM -- Morning Prayer (usually lasts about 30 minutes)
- 6:30 PM -- Evening Prayer (usually lasts about 30 minutes)
- 6:30 PM -- Evening Prayer (usually lasts about 30 minutes) followed by fellowship dinner at a local restaurant
Third Wednesday of every month
- 9:00 AM -- Memorial Holy Eucharist with Healing (45 minutes)
What do we do?
Worship starts out with the Liturgy of the Word which means scripture, prayers and a sermon. Then the second half is Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper. You’re welcome to participate in all of this. Music is diverse and our historic organ is played every week at the 10:30 am service.
We will sit, stand, and kneel at various times but do what helps you worship; there’s no wrong way to worship here. Children are SO welcome in worship so expect some kid noises and wiggles. If you’d like to check out our nursery for your little one, we have loving staff to watch babies through 36 months.
What is an Episcopalian?
The Episcopal Church is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion, with 70 million members in 163 countries. We are a community of Christians bound together by our belief that Holy Scripture contains the core of all Christian faith and all that is needed for salvation. The Episcopal Church is a “liturgical” church which means we observe seasons of the church year: Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter and Pentecost. You will see worship change with the seasons to help us walk as disciples of Jesus.