Getting to know each other
We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at St. Mary's a great one!
- 8:00 AM -- Holy Eucharist Rite I (Nursery available)
- Traditional language; little to no music; nursery available; a quiet, solemn service which lasts about an hour
- 9:00 AM -- Sunday School (all ages)
- Formation opportunities for all ages. Various Bible studies and other classes are offered throughout the year.
- 10:30 AM -- Holy Eucharist Rite II (with nursery and Children's Chapel)
- Modern language; full choir with diverse music including our historic organ; nursery available; Children third grade and below can go to Children’s Chapel during the sermon and prayers for their own worship and return in time for Communion. Once a month, the children remain in worship for a children’s sermon with the entire congregation. length about an hour and fifteen minutes.
- 5:00 PM -- Holy Eucharist with Healing (on summer sabbatical 5/20 - 9/9)
- Modern language; contemplative music with piano and guitar; congregation is the choir; healing prayers offered; no nursery during this service; has relaxed, family feel; length less than an hour.
- NEW! Pop-Up Summer Worship: June 24 and July 29 at 5 pm
Location & Directions
St. Mary's is located at the corner of Loueta Rd. and North Eldridge Parkway. Click here for directions.
What can I expect?
You’ll be warmly greeted when you enter St. Mary’s and you’ll see that some folks are in their Sunday Best and others are in jeans and flip flops. We will offer you a nametag but it’s totally okay if you’d rather not wear one. If you’re new to Episcopal worship, we’ll give you some pointers and help you find a seat.
Worship starts out with the Liturgy of the Word which means scripture, prayers and a sermon. Then the second half is Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper. You’re welcome to participate in all of this. Music is diverse and our historic organ is played every week at the 10:30 am service.
We will sit, stand, and kneel at various times but do what helps you worship; there’s no wrong way to worship here.
After church, we’ll meet you in the welcoming area to answer any questions. If you’d like to give us some contact info, we’ll have a nametag ready for you at our touchscreen kiosk the next time you come back. We’ll follow up with you but won’t stalk you – promise!
What about my kids?
Children are SO welcome in worship. However, if you’d like to check out our nursery for your little one, we have loving staff to watch babies through 36 months at our 8am and 10:30am services.
During our 10:30am worship, children ages 3-4 can be dropped off in the Holy Family Center before worship for Preschool Chapel. Children ages 3 through 3rd grade join us in the nave (big church) for our opening songs, and then are invited to Children's Chapel during the middle part of the service. There they will read the Gospel and talk about it in a language they can understand, and they will join together to pray for the world. Kids at Preschool and Children's Chapel rejoin the adults just before Holy Eucharist.