Connecting at St. Mary's
At St. Mary’s, we understand that finding connection and a sense of belonging is the first step in discerning a church home. Here are some suggestions for those new to St. Mary’s. None of these activities require you to be a member of the church. Participate in as many as you like to determine whether St. Mary’s fits with your faith.
This innovative small group ministry combines in-person gatherings and online community through a private Facebook group. The Forum is an exploration in relationship and doesn’t commit you to membership. It’s not a Bible Study, either. Get to know your clergy, other newcomers, and a few established members in a safe and confidential group of 10-12 people. The in-person time commitment is only two hours twice in one month and the Facebook sharing allows busy people with hectic schedules to connect with others. For more information about Seekers Forum and other newcomer events, contact Molly Carnes at email@example.com .
Spring Seekers Forum is for our Young Adults (20’s & 30’s)
Kick-off on Saturday, April 22: 2 pm to 4 pm and ends with the Celebration Dinner on Saturday, May 20: 5 pm to 7 pm.
The Summer Seekers Forum will start in July and end in August and is open to all ages.
WEDNESDAYS AT ST. MARY’S
- Wednesday Bible Study – at 9:45 am, this group meets to study the Bible readings appointed for the following Sunday; no pre-registration required; lunch once a month following class; led by clergy.
- Supper on Wednesday (SoW) - We gather for dinner at 6:00 pm; different dinner theme each week; don’t worry about bringing food your first time; vegetarian options available as well (school year only).
- Women of Wednesday – fellowship and study group after SoW, 7-7:45 pm (school year plus a few during the summer)
- Men’s Bible Study – study group after SoW, 7-7:45 pm in the St. Cecilia Building; year round
- Episcopal Youth Community – Jr. & Sr. High school youth gather after SoW for fellowship and study 6:45 pm to 7:45 pm (school year and outings during the summer)
- Children of Wednesday – games and study for Kindergarten through fifth grade after SoW, 7-7:45 pm (school year only)
- Nursery and Childcare – Our loving nursery staff is available from 6:30 pm to 7:45 pm on Wednesdays (school year only)
- Compline – brief evening prayers led by the Youth at 7:45 pm; the evening concludes at 8 pm (school year only)
For more information about Wednesdays at St. Mary’s, see list below:
- SoW - contact Claude or Jennifer LeClercq at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
- Women of Wednesday & Wednesday Bible Study – contact Molly Carnes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Bible Study – Deacon Russ Oechsel at email@example.com
- Episcopal Youth Community – Sherry Noon, Youth Missioner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children of Wednesday & Nursery – Traci Foreman, Children’s Missioner at email@example.com
Moms with small children meet the second and fourth Thursday of each month for fellowship and encouragement in our nursery in the Holy Family Center and occasionally off-site. For more information, contact Deede Neeley at firstname.lastname@example.org . This group is open to the community as well.
YOUNG ADULTS (20’s and 30’s)
If you would like to be added to the St. Mary’s 20/30 Facebook page for young adults, please contact Molly Carnes at email@example.com.
FRIDAY NIGHT FELLOWSHIP
Every Friday, a group of adults attend evening prayer at 6:30 pm and then head out to dinner at a local restaurant. RSVP isn’t required but appreciated as a reservation is made with a restaurant. For more information and to be added to the weekly alert, contact John Albright at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This group for those aged 55+ plans outings to various local sites and events with transportation provided by Harris County. Past excursions included NASA, a local mosque, Texas Quilting Museum, and Washington on the Brazos. For more information, contact Duncan Reid at email@example.com .